Freitag, 9. Mai 2014

How do you know it is a good pattern?

The finished piece turns out to be wearable even if the sewist totally screwed up.

I swear, I never made so many sewing errors before. Like never.

I already cut into the fabric of a nearly finished customer order before, leaving a hole behind.
Had to contact the customer, postpone the delivery date and order new fabric. Yuck.

Then I tried to finish up my daughter's dress at least.

Bad decision. I should have gone to bed (10.30 am).

I wasn't able to finish the lined bodice as supposed. I just didn't get it, I didn't what I was supposed to do, I didn't get what I did different. It just didn't work (for me).
100% sure it was my fault. Whatever it was.
In the end, I decided to fold the seam allowance in and stitch the bodice together left side on left side. I just didn't know what to do anymore.

I had to use the seam ripper like 100 more times, then I was finished. Finally.
Seeing my marks on the fabric, that was the moment I discovered that I had sewn the front skirt bottom up to the bodice.  Seriously? I mean: seriously?

Honestly, I think if you don't take a close look, you won't even notice.
The pattern is that good and cute, that you don't see it if you don't know it.
Lucky that the fabric didn't have any direction.

My daughter loves it anyway (she recently complained about not having a single pink dress!), and I think it looks really cute, too. I will make it again another day to figure out where I  went wrong. Reading the instructions one sentence at a time.

I wanted to take some outdoor pictures, but I love these where she is watching her reflection in the mirror:


sombody is happy!


back of the dress:


mom needs to sew less and tidy up more!



fabric: double gauze, via etsy (I think it came from South Korea)


PS this pattern has the cutest line up marks on the pattern I have ever seen.
And it is possible to print out just the size you need and make disappear all the lines for the other sizes. awesome!


4 Kommentare:

  1. Oh, I've been there! Several times! So I completely feel your pain. But the dress looks super cute and if your daughter is happy then goal has been achieved. :) Hugs!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You can't tell you struggled at all. That came out so cute! I am making this very soon =)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. die ganze mühe hat sich aber gelohnt - das kleidchen sieht toll aus !
    lg von der numi

    AntwortenLöschen