Montag, 21. März 2016

sunday stash - yes, I did it. Bought fabric.

Well, I kind of said I am not going to buy fabric this year.
But then, I decided two weeks ago that there is NO way I will ever be able to sew my way through my stash. And I decided to generously donate the biggest part of it. All the fabrics I got as a gift but will never use, the fabrics I don't really love (any more) and the fabrics that a leftover scraps from jobs of my etsy shop that I don't want to use anymore (chevron fabric, anyone?)

okay, ich habe gesagt, ich kaufe kein Stoff dieses Jahr. Aber schon vor ein paar Wochen ist mir klar geworden, ich kann meine Stoffsammlung nie im Leben wegnähen. Daher habe ich den Großteil meiner Sammlung gespendet, all die geschenkten Stoffe, die ich nie vernähen werde, die Stoffe, die ich nicht (mehr) liebe, und die Überreste von Projekten für meinen Shop die ich sowieso nie mochte...
Ich denke, damit bin ich dazu berechtigt, mir mal was neues zu gönnen.

So I think I am kind of entitled to buy something new.

I ordered myself a charm pack of Tula Pink's new line, chipper, and it arrived yesterday.
Of course, the charms are not fussy cut, and I only got one whole fox, but the prints and colours are lovely and so springy.

Ich habe mir ein Charm pack von Tula Pinks neuer Linie chipper bestellt. Leider ist nur ein ganzer Fuchs dabei, aber die Stoffe sind so wunderbar farbenfroh und frühlingsfrisch.
Von jedem Druck sind zwei Quadrate dabei, und mit jeweils einem davon werde ich einen Tischläufer nähen.



There are two charms of each print in the pack, and I took one of each print and will turn them into a table runner. Being a mom of 4, I can't really bring myself to do tablecloths. Because, you know, stains and washing the equivalent of the Mount Everest each week, and ironing. Non-sewing related ironing. But at age 15, our wood table is not the prettiest anymore either (you know, kids.) and I love to have a splash of colour on it (no, not talking about markers, finger paint or play dough here) Therefore my love of table runners.
I decided to go with a half square triangle design. Stay tuned.


Ich liebe Tischläufer, weil eine Tischdecke mit 4 Kindern keine Option ist (Flecken. Wäsche. Bügeln), unser Holztisch nach 15 Jahren aber auch keine Schönheit mehr ist (Kinder.) und ich einen Farbklecks auf dem Holz liebe. Und damit meine ich weder Filzstift, noch Fingerfarbe oder Knete.
Ich werde einen Tischläufer aus zu Dreiecken halbierten Quadraten machen. Schaut wieder rein!


Linked up over at charm about you - where you can win some lovely fabric, too!

Tula Pink Charm pack: Southern fabric




1 Kommentar:

  1. Hübscher Stoff, da kann ich dich verstehen....
    Eine produktive Woche!
    Astrid

    AntwortenLöschen